International Women’s Day 2024 Celebration of Healthy, Sustainable, and Ethical Breakfast Options
Date: Friday, 8th March 2024
Time: 9.30am - 11.00am
Location: The Conduit, 6 Langley Street, London, WC2H 9JA
Price: From £11.55 (Early Bird Price)
Tickets: Available here
Join us for a sustainable and healthy breakfast club event in celebration of International Women’s Day!
Women in the Food Industry and The Ethical Deli Market from Todelli are bringing you a sustainable and healthy breakfast club event at the social impact private member’s club The Conduit in Covent Garden! Enjoy a breakfast menu of healthy nibbles along with a dynamic morning discussion featuring esteemed nutritionists, chefs, and cookbook authors who bring a wealth of expertise from diverse culinary backgrounds, dietary philosophies, and cultural perspectives.
Moderated by our co-founder Mex Ibrahim, our panellists include:
Bettina Campolucci Bordi, an acclaimed plant-based chef, is a fervent advocate for plant foods. With her Danish-Tanzanian-Bulgarian roots, she uses local and seasonal produce to create dishes that nourish the body and soul.
Alla Ouvarova Co-founder & CEO of Two Chicks graduated from UCL with a degree in Economics, and soon after, joined forces with friend Anna to create Two Chicks the first liquid egg white into the UK retail market, that had previously only been available in the US. Alla and Anna launched Future Female Entrepreneur in 2022 to inspire the next generation of female entrepreneurs, and to help ensure that more businesses are created and led by women.
Nicola Moore is a seasoned nutritional therapist with a forward-thinking approach in the nutrition and lifestyle medicine sector. Since the early 2000s, she has honed her skills, serving as a senior academic at the Institute for Optimum Nutrition (ION) for over 12 years, and as the Head of Clinics for four years.
09:30 am – 10:00 am – Explore all the ethical and sustainable British brands that will be helping to bring your breakfast to life. You’ll be able to purchase your favourites.
10:00 am -11:00 am – Panel Discussion and time to enjoy your breakfast and engage in a Q&A with the panellists
- Embark on a tasting journey, sampling a diverse range of innovative and delicious breakfast recipes. These culinary delights are crafted by independent British maker brands available on Todelli.com, your Online Ethical Deli Market.
- Come to enjoy a variety of healthy:
- Organic, handmade and sugar-free nut butters & granolas from Verena’s Kitchen
- Sourdough toasted bread with a spread of Tarwi Lupins: Lupin is a native European legume that represents a significant alternative to soya beans – they have a really high protein content (up to 44%) and contain all the ten essential amino acids. This makes them…one of the world’s richest natural sources of combined fibre & protein
- Breakfast platter of gluten free crackers from Seedy Snacks topped with cream cheese, slices of carrot ‘smoked salmon’ and some pickled onions and more!
- The best overnight oats you’ve ever tasted from Earthy Oats!
- Single origin & artisanal teas with provenance from Patkai Teas
- Agua de Madre Culture shots – A supercharged concentrated ginger and turmeric shot of functional, cultured gut goodness for your daily dose.
- Hear from renowned Nutritionists, Producers, Food Writers and Cooks as they share their perspectives on Mindful Eating and sustainable breakfast choices.
- Engage in discussions highlighting the significance of a balanced breakfast and its profound impact on overall health.
- Explore how chefs and nutritionists seamlessly integrate locally sourced, seasonal, and sustainable ingredients into enticing breakfast menus
- Participate in conversations around practical strategies to minimise food waste within your household
- Delve into the ethical dimensions of food production, explore fair trade practices, and more.